THE PHILOSOPHERS FORUM

Archangels : what are they and how to describe them?

Archangels : what are they and how to describe them?

by Linda Hart -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Philosophers

As mentioned in another post ,I offered a  copy of Tazo's   "Poet and the Archangel" to a friend, for whom I thought it might be an accessible  poetic -artistic introduction to some deeper spirituality.

She said that her Roman Catholic schooling had given her some reluctance around the word Archangels - whatever they were.

To attempt to 'de-religious' the word I described the seven-fold evolution.  So archangels went through their " human stage" two cycles before us. First time I have  attempted such an explanation.  And I could say to her that it was the standard teaching in most serious spiritual schools over the ages. ( as I understand it.)  

In Steiner we read of various beings going through the “human stage”. I have often wondered what a human stage actually meant and also wondered what it  consisted of for angels, the archangels, and even (probably) cherubim.

On the way home it dawned on me that  the first esoteric lesson  held the real answer to this question and one I could now relate my own ( currently HUMAN) experience.

It’s a stage in consciousness progressions as given in the first esoteric lesson. The human stage is the coming aware of oneself as a being and of one’s context,

The ‘human stage’ is waking up to the possibility of taking the ball of divine potentials and choosing in some way to run with it or activating a potential in some way which must have been very different for each life wave.

Prior to that we are dreamers in a nurturing environment albeit slowly , slowly waking up or being woken up.

It’s speculation about the nature of the human stage for a seraphim but not so much about the level of consciousness now attained which would, presumably be one of the five creative stages of consciousness.  This is assuming the first lesson schema is applicable.

Looking forward to some comments and additions and ideas…

Re: Archangels : what are they and how to describe them?

by Friend Tazo -
Picture of Philosophers

Dear Linda,   

(Sorry about the previous version, I wrote it on my tablet - not idea! so I'll do a new more readable version here. )

I see why You're asking the question about the archangels, and other higher beings.  I realize it is not so clear.  We tend to see with points of seeing, and then later with lines or connecting lines, and when we rise to the 3rd power, we have the 3 fold trinity. A being such as a Seraphim, is 3 , and sees as a beholding our being nature. They love what they see because they penetrate our nature and sense our livingness.  

In this experience we may feel our self, or our soul is bathed in spiritual light.  It is a very healing experience, and for active students, it is something special - and not only light but we will sense thoughts and wisdom to fill our inner space.  This light is called 'the Glory', and it is as a mood, a light, and a healing harmonious sound, it also moves within us, checking us out - going from the inside to the outside.  'It loves seeing in being in us'  that is what we feel as it senses us; in our self as a community of our own consciousness, there it feels with our own loved ones.  We may  see coming out of this light,  inspiring beings that pass and show pictures that are very rich in content, wisdom, morality, wisdom. Then we catch a glimpse of the higher being full of fiery knowledge that shows pathways, and objects of magical qualities. 'These are archangels' our thoughts inform us.  

So here is something of how the 3 hierarchies, in their 3 fold way of being, can be experienced within our inner senses.  

There are many more experiences as well, for us to become aware and experience. The seeing of them will depend on the organs you create in your soul bodies; your astral and aether bodies). 

The lessons coming in the Rosicrucian lessons will tell lots more valuable tools to help you develop the inner light organs.